Mamas, if you are feeling left out of the back to school action, here is a list of some of my favourite things in shades of grey, black, white and gold.
From top (L to R):
1. Joe Fresh Sweatpants – Stylish sweats are totally a thing this fall….yes really!
2. Cat Watch from Knee Deep Denim – You need this, like right meow.
3. Hustlin Mama Tee from Mulberry Press Co. – For all the hustlin you will be doing this fall.
4. Mama Bear Tee from maisonwares – Because you need more cute graphic tees in grey and black this fall, you just do.
5. Kate Spade 2014-2015 planner from Indigo.ca – A crazy, hectic schedule isn’t so bad when you have a pretty planner to write it down in.
6. Matt & Nat Kintla Handbag – Because everyone else gets a new backpack, and you need somewhere to keep you new planner.
7. Grumpy Cat Mug from The Apple Tree Shop - Enjoy your morning coffee with grump cat, hand painted just for you.
8. Heart to Heart scarf from Peppermint - Because gold hearts make fall a little less dreary.
Edmonton Mamas, here is our list of sweet things to try in the city this weekend.
1. Chickie Dough - Get all the yummy, sweet, deliciousness of ice cream but without the guilt. A chickpea based dip featuring flavours like Chocolate Hazelnut, Orange Blueberry, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut, and many more. Seriously, we kinda think the Chickie Dough diet should be a new thing. Go check them out this weekend at City Market Downtown and Old Strathcona Farmers’ Market.
2. Frickin’ Delights Donuts - Vegan donuts that are so totally delightful and pretty. Check them out at the Old Strathcona Farmers’ Market on Saturday, or you can get your donut fix from Whimsical Cake Studio until they start delivery again. So go get some, we donut think you will regret it.
3. Confetti Sweets - Enjoy some sweet cookie love at the market this weekend or at their newly opened shop in Sherwood Park. Details here.
4. The Cheesiry - Makers of raw sheep milk cheese with many, many varieties. Pick some up from Blush Lane Organic Market this weekend.
And we know that cheese is not exactly a sweet per say, but this cheese is just good and we are pretty sure you will enjoy it with all the above, so go enjoy some cheese and cookies this weekend.
So this is our first “Mommy Hack” post! Here, we will be sharing with you interesting ways to customize items to better suit your needs!
With a new baby on the way, I’ve decided to setup a new big girl room for Zofia. Although, she is only eighteen months we have already accumulated quite the collection of books, mostly thanks to me :), so I’m thinking of designing a little corner for her to read.
We are super excited to bring you our first edition of In the City. We will be sharing ideas for date nights, family outings, just for Mom activities, and much more!
1. Kids Fringe - Check out the final days of this free family-friendly mini fringe site.
2. Nature’s Ultimate Survivors at the Valley Zoo on Sunday August 24 - Learn all about animal adaptations and how the zoo animals survive in the wild.
3. Queen of Hearts Garden Pyramid Opening at the Mutart Conservatory on Sunday August 24 – Celebrate the opening of the pyramid, and join some of your most favorite characters for family friendly activities throughout the day.
4. Alberta Open Farm Days at Prairie Gardens & Adventure Farm on Sunday August 24 – Enjoy a behind the scenes tours of community supported agriculture gardens, petting farm, plus free admission to the Kids Corn Mazes.
5. Friends’ Ukrainian Music Fest at the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village on Sunday August 24 – Enjoy live music, a pancake breakfast along with a variety of children’s activities such as a jump slide and face painting.
6. The Little Mermaid at the Metro Cinema (operating out of Garneau Theater) on Saturday August 23 – Kids 12 and under are free!
7. Wemfest at the West Edmonton Mall Ice Palace on Friday August 22 – Live music, fashion shows, dance performances, prize giveaways and more.
8. DeSerres: Find Your Inner Artist at West Edmonton Mall Centre Stage, Saturday August 23- Sunday August 24 – Get creative at this workshop with lessons on both canvas brush and finger painting.
I completely love this time of year, and having my little accomplice with me who will be starting Kindergarten next month, has made it that much better this year. She loves paper, pens, stickers and shopping just as much as I do. So, here are a few of our favourite things for you, your nest and your little ones this back to school season. Continue Reading
Welcome to our new blog! We are so excited to share all of the things we love, plus bits of life from our nests.
We will be sharing everything from decor inspiration, home organization, date night ideas, shops and products we love, and so much more. Plus, watch for details on totally awesome upcoming mini events and Nest in the City Conference 2015.
We look forward to hearing from you as well, and hope you will share your advice, ideas and suggestions for all things bump, baby and nest!
the nest in the city chicks